Wednesday, June 8, 2016

BEST OF FLEA MARKET MAGAZINE

In this post from last year, I mentioned that some of my collectibles were being photographed for Best of Flea Market Style magazine. It seems so long ago but the issue is now on newsstands!


You can find photos and write-ups of my collections on pages 45, 82, 122 and 123. I recently found out more of them will be published in a flea market book that is in the works! I was so tickled that they photographed my collection of wooden peg dolls (below) but was not fond that they wanted me to be in the shot as well.


My colorful vintage English and Dutch candy tins were one of the first collections to catch their eye when they came to the house. I love their fanciful forms and charming decoration. When I spotted a two tiered chippy blue stand several years ago, I knew it was the perfect stage for these delightful containers. The magazine staff didn't have to readjust anything for this shot. Usually, they like to move a lot of things around to achieve the perfect shot.


I also have an article in the magazine. It's about a New York woman's cozy cottage filled with treasured heirlooms and timeworn finds.



I'm slow at getting the word about this issue, so I hope it's still on newsstands. If so, I hope you can check it out!

10 comments:

  1. How exciting Kimber! Looks like the photos turned out great. Where can I find the magazine?
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice note, Linda. I've seen the mag at Lowe's, Hy Vee and Barnes and Noble. Hopefully you can find it at one of those places!

      Delete
  2. How awesome Kimber, I hope I can find this magazine so I can read about my special friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, you can borrow my copy if you want. It was nice catching up with you over lunch on Friday!

      Delete
  3. I love the peg dolls. Do you know much about them? Would love to find out more about their history and where you can find them.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an article from an old doll magazine I can send you. Just email me your email address.

      Delete
  4. Those candy tins are beautiful, Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I'm going to have to look for this magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized I think I must have a vintage Dutch candy tin, too! I just bought it for the weathered red and green colors - it's marked Biscuitfabriek De Lindeboom. Dutch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds Dutch to me, Martha! They sure make some fun tins! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!