Thursday, October 29, 2015

AUTUMN COMES TO ASHTON HOUSE

In the hubbub of work deadlines and other commitments, I hadn't fully realized autumn's arrival here at Ashton House until yesterday when I had a moment to survey our landscape. I know it's autumn when pretty gourds adorn my porch and my little rusty toy truck with their intriguing colorations.


 And the ornamental kale that line our sidewalk are the showiest jewels in our garden.


And when soon-to-be-mulched leaves blanket our flowerbeds. I love how they mingle with the silvery, soft foliage of lamb's ears.


And when the rose hips on my rugosa rose turn a rich red.


I hope you are enjoying autumn's many splendored gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!