Sunday, May 31, 2015

MORE SCENES FROM QUILT MARKET

Here's blog post 2 of Quilt Market. Had hoped to be back sooner, but shortly after returning from Quilt Market, I had to head off to Kansas City for the National African Violet Convention. And between the trips, I hosted a fish luncheon for Memorial Day and went to the local symphony's patriotic performance featuring Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring and musical hits from Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot. Needless to say, it's made for a hectic past few weeks. I just returned home from KC and hope to stay put for a while! I have much to share about the latter trip, too, including some gorgeous photos of African violets. But first back to Quilt Market, where I had the pleasure of seeing Dawn Heese's inviting booth. Dawn's designs never cease to amaze me. I especially loved her color combinations in the two quilted beauties behind her, but any of her classic designs would look right at home in Ashton House!


Norma Whaley's timeless designs are also a favorite of mine. Her booth was bustling with admirers, so I snapped this photo of Norma as soon as I could!


As usual, there were lots of new fabrics on display. I especially adored this upcoming fabric collection by Yvonne Cook. It's produced by a new fabric company called Washington Street Studio.


I'm a big fan of Bunny Hill Designs and love to use their wools in my wool projects. Her latest fabric collection, Kindred Spirits, features this pretty palette of pinks, blues, and browns. It was fun chatting with Anne. I follow her blog and enjoy reading about her many furry friends.


I also enjoy the vintage charm of Darlene Zimmerman's fabric. 


Lots of fun seasonal prints will be on their way to a quilt shop new you. I was captivated by these Christmas and Halloween prints by Anna Griffin's fabric company.



I'll close today's post with a charming vignette from the Cotton & Steel booth. While passing by, I spotted the vintage green Elna sewing machine. Speaking of vintage, I'll be back next time with some scenes from my visit to one of Minneapolis' vintage clothing shops, where I found several goodies to add to my wardrobe. It's amazing how many of the vintage clothes are as stylish today as they were then! 


8 comments:

  1. You've certainly been keeping yourself busy, Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Halloween fabric. Can you tell me who designed it?
    Thanks,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,
      The fabric is designed by Maude Asbury.
      Kimber

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing these pictures. I'm a huge fan of Anne Sutton and Bunny Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody,
      I've loved her designs for years. And she is the nicest person, too!

      Delete
  4. Kimber, I always enjoy reading your updates/posts-you are so busy however everything looks so fun. We really need to go to lunch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimber, I love reading your posts and updates. You have a knack for writing. Love all the fabric and love the green sewing machine. We need to get together for lunch and catch up soon. hugs. Mary A.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!