Monday, April 27, 2015

JUNKING AT THE JUNK JUBILEE

\It's been a year since I've attended the local Junk Jubliee, so I was in the mood to rediscover its many treasures. Of course, this booth filled with quilted treasures from the past caught my eye.


This quilt in my favorite color combo of pink and brown was too expensive for my pocketbook but it was a delight to see.


I have a fondness for vintage children's cupboards like this one. Their diminutive size is so charming and is a great fit for the nooks and crannies of homes.


Can you imagine having enough trinkets and treasures to fill this massive antique tool holder? 


Several booths were filled with plants and garden tools—just in time to get us in gardening mode!


Here are my finds from the day...a lovely selection of vintage 1960s fabrics. I especially love the pink and green one. I'm thinking it might make a nice summery skirt.


These three 19th-century needle books were a steal at $3 each. I love Victorian wooden leaf frames but most are too pricey for my budget. Luckily this one was only $6.

4 comments:

  1. Going to a Junk Jubilee sounds like a lovely way to spend some time. Lovely purchases, Kimber. I agree that pink and green fabric would make a lovely shirt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took time for yourself and found some great items. Love the pink and green fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, what a great way to spend a day. Finding just a few new treasures seems to make the day worthwhile. Thanks for the blog post and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun market! Love the little frame you found...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!