Tuesday, January 27, 2015

THE BUSINESS OF BLISS

I'm delighted to tell you that Victoria magazine's special entrepreneur issue, celebrating the talents and accomplishments of women business owners, is on newsstands now! As many of you regular readers know, I am fortunate to get to write for this beautiful magazine.


I wrote three articles for this particular issue, including a profile for their special Business of Bliss section that spotlights eight talented women reaping the rewards of living the life they love. It was a thrill to interview Hedda Dowd, co-owner of the Dallas soufflé salon aptly named rise n 1. Hedda's passion for French food, including soufflés, began when she was just a child. Every summer she visited her maternal grandparents in France, where she would often help her grandmother in the kitchen, making memories that would last a lifetime. 


I also had the pleasure of interviewing Texas bridal gown designer Patti Flowers whose talent for fashioning fabrics and embellishments into classically elegant gowns is truly inspiring. From a treasure trove of silks, delicate lace, and Swarovski crystals, she crafts the gowns of brides' dreams. 


The third article I wrote features an authentic sugar shack outside of Montreal, where maple syrup is made the same way it was more than a century ago. Indeed, time stands still at Sucrerie de la Montagne (Sugar Shack of the Mountain) run by the Faucher family. Son Stefan was a joy to interview and even invited me to visit the sugar shack. Wouldn't it be cozy to stay in a cabin like this? To create a storybook village that echoes time past, Stefan's father transported centuries-old log dwellings from neighboring towns to the site of the sugar shack.


I hope you can find this issue at a newsstand near you and check out these articles, plus many more! I have a piece on the Dallas Botanical Garden coming up in the next issue of Victoria that I will share more about later.

3 comments:

  1. That cabin does look inviting, Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to get mine! So glad you are still writing for Victoria, you have such a lovely style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented in so many areas. I may have to find a copy of this magazine, very interesting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!