Wednesday, September 24, 2014

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

So happy that autumn has officially arrived! I love this time of year. Not even a rainy day like this can get me down for it's nice and cozy inside Ashton House. There's a sweet cuddly kitty named Poe to keep me company as I write my magazine articles. As you can see in the below photo, his hair is growing back nicely after his July surgery.




There is another batch of healthy pumpkin cookies fresh from the oven for my hubby to take to share with his coworkers tomorrow. 


One of the reasons I'm baking healthier is because my hubby's latest blood sugar results were in the prediabetic range and I don't want him to develop full-blown diabetes. Making his favorite treats without sugar is a great way to do that. As I mentioned in my previous post, they also have no flour but they're just as tasty as regular pumpkin cookies. The last time he took them to work, people couldn't believe they were made without sugar or flour. Indeed, these are a much healthier alternative to the below monster cookies, which the hubby has been getting me the past month after recovering from a bad kidney infection. Just munched this guy up!


I found the cutest owl/woodland paper to wrap the pumpkin cookies in.




Even though I have two cookie scoops, I didn't have the right size for these cookies. So off to Target I went to find the perfect size, which makes them nice and uniform.


After I finish my work, I plan to find homes for the pink goodies I picked up while visiting the Omaha area earlier this month. I was especially charmed by the vintage pink, brown and teal kitchen curtains. The tag said that there were four but we only spotted two. We left a message for the vendor, who was kind enough to ship the other two to us. 


The pink-adorned glass jar on the right was labeled a vintage refrigerator jar. I think the pink tray will look nice in our upstairs bathroom with some of my pink soaps, etc. displayed on it. The postcard is vintage. I loved the yellow, blue and pink colors against the gray background.

7 comments:

  1. Poe is so very handsome. A bundle of furry love I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Poe's little friend who is keeping him company! Those pink goodies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of your sweet Poe. Cookies look wonderful and now I'm hungry LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww hello Poe :)
    Yummyyy cookies ..
    Happy day hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post, so warm and snuggly ... any chance of getting the recipe for the pumpkin cookies? Poe has done so well and the colors of your vintage pink finds are luscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would be happy to send you the recipe. Keep in mind you can use a number of sugar substitutes designed for baking. I like natural ones that contain no harmful ingredients like aspartame or saccharin. Happy baking!

      Delete
  6. I'm also prediabetic and would love the recipe for the Pumpkin Cookies. Also, did you know that they make sugar-free chocolate chips? I found them at Walmart and I think they were by Ghiradelli.
    kellam.susan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!