Friday, August 8, 2014

ANSWERED PRAYERS

Three weeks ago, I found a lump in my sweet cat Poe's neck, and last Thursday, he underwent surgery to remove it. He had previously undergone two other surgeries in the last year and a half to remove lumps in the same area. This time, the doctor suspected cancer due to the shape and area of the lump and we were told to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Evidently, there is an aggressive type of cancer caused by the very things that are supposed to protect our furry friends—rabies and feline leukemia vaccinations, and Poe's lump was in that exact area. He was given a 50/50 chance of it being cancer. Worst yet, we had to wait a week for the biopsy results. It was agony. God answered our prayers yesterday when the doctor called with good news, letting us know that Poe beat the odds and that his lump was a fatty benign tumor. Even the doctor said that he was surprised it wasn't cancer. After losing Poe's brother Teddy so recently, I wasn't sure how I was going to get through the loss of another furry friend. Below is a photo of Poe recuperating. You can see the spot where his back hair had to be shaved for surgery.


When it rains, it pours as I have also been dealing with my own health issue the past few weeks. It became so bad that I couldn't keep any food down (even a popsicle) and ended up on anti-nausea medication among other things. So if I owe you a return email or call, please be patient as I play catch up. I think the best medicine of all was just hearing that Poe was okay. I have much to be grateful for, and trying times like these always serve as good reminders of that, although I have always been one to value the meaning of gratitude. One blessing is that my mother-in-law came to stay with me for several days this week to look after me because I felt so ill. She took such good care of me. Some people are just natural caregivers and Mom is one of those rare gems. One night while I was recuperating on the sofa, my hubby took Mom out to dinner as a thank you for helping us. When they returned, the hubby woke me up and Mom surprised me with my very own iPad! So now I have a new toy to play with when I feel better.


17 comments:

  1. Thankfully your kitty doesn't have cancer .. God is good! .. hope you feel better soon, that new IPAD awaits. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon wishes to both you and Poe, Kimber! Such a relief that his lump was benign. Spend lots of time resting, and snuggling with Poe. A new Ipad would make me feel better, too! You hit the jackpot with your mom-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet get well wishes, Cindy. I always appreciate hearing from fellow blogging friends. I hope you're able to come back here to read my thank you as I was unable to reply directly to your email. You are always so kind to think of me. K

      Delete
  3. I am so relieved to read that Poe is OK and it was benign. I was holding my breath reading your post. I hope your heath issues will be resolved too and everyone will be back to their routines at your house. Sending all our best from me & the cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that Poe is okay. I hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds like you have a wonderful mother in law. Enjoy playing with your new toy. Hugs, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny thing...I'd been thinking for a few days now that I haven't seen a post from you in a while.....and here you pop up this morning!.....so glad that little Poe had a good outcome, we worry about our little furry mates don't we.....I hope whatever is ailing you will also have a good outcome, nothing like feeling sick, and especially nausea, one of worst things....
    I've been eyeing off the new iPad Air myself, what a wonderful surprise!!!! where you can nestle comfy like on the couch and still keep in touch with the world with ease, good for you!!! Hope you are feeling better soon.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank goodness! I've been worried about you and Poe. SOOOO glad that you had good news. Now, I hope you get to feeling better. It's time for you to have a break and have some positive things happen! Nice that you have such a great MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Poe is okay. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you are feeling better and that Poe will be making a full recovery. Enjoy your new iPad...it may make you purr....they are so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad Poe will be okay, and the lump isn't cancer. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so happy for Poe and you of course. I can imagine that the waiting of the results has been a painful time. The soul of Teddy is there, isn’t it?
    With my best thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bera, Thanks so much for your sweet note. Yes, I believe Teddy was watching over his little brother, Poe. Thank goodness there are angels among us. Hope you're able to come back here and read my reply to you since I was not able to reply directly to your email. It is nice to hear from you. K

      Delete
    2. Dear Kimber,
      Thanks a lot for your reply. I am ofen come back here. I love reading you even if I have often resorted to the dictionary.

      Delete
  11. Hi Kimber,
    Am so glad your fur-baby is o.k.! What a worry, though. Sorry you are so ill - but glad you got a new I-Pad!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kimber, I am so glad to hear the good news of your furry friend Poe. I am also happy to hear you are mending as well. It is always nice to have others taking care of you. Enjoy your IPAD (I do) and see you soon. hugs and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, your MIL is a gem! Can we clone her?? Unfortunately, my MIL is not the helpful sort so you are very lucky. Glad to hear about Poe and I know that was a huge boost to your system. Our pets are so much a part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Your MIL is a blessing for sure. Good news about Poe too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!