Thursday, March 13, 2014

BACK TO WORK

After taking some much-needed time off, I returned to the office ready to complete the last phases of the editing Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine's summer issue. Every issue abounds with at least 15 cozy projects designed to spark your creativity. For the upcoming issue, we've assembled 16 diverse projects—including a darling cross-stitch box to store your buttons, two hooked rug designs, and a medallion masterpiece inspired by the classic oak leaf design. Behold our beautiful cover below!


For my fellow fans of Victoria magazine, I bring glad tidings of their latest special interest publication—Spring Bliss (This is not included in the regular magazine subscription). I was fortunate to get to write a couple pieces for this pretty publication, which is now on newsstands!


Speaking of spring, this week I continued my pre-spring cleaning fest with the help of my mom-in-law, who helped wash all the china on my big green hutch in the dining room. I was able to thin out some of the china so that I could better spotlight my collection. To celebrate our progress, we decided to get a small Shamrock Shake at McDonald's. I have to have at least one of those every March!


I am so lucky to have supportive in-laws nearby. Over the weekend, my dad-in-law surprised me with some fresh sockeye salmon from the local fish market. I immediately baked it up for one of our dinners. Yum! 


My mom-in-law got me some wonderful Pacific wild cod, which I grilled on my stovetop grill. A 5-ounce portion has only 120 calories. The parents even surprised my husband and I with some delicious rolls from Jaarsma's bakery in Pella. I love their glazed twists and promptly ate three of them! Their apricot danishes are scrumptious, too. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Your dishes look so beautiful in that hutch! And those two fish dinners look so yummy! I like that the cod only has 120 calories.....I'm guessing those glazed twists have a few more, and that's why you didn't mention it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimber, I am glad you took some time off for you; I love reading your blog updates, you are so inspiring. I have been lagging in my spring cleaning however my hope is to get busy again this weekend. I have most of my fabric gone through. Your fish looks great. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me to get busy with my spring cleaning. We've had such a long winter here in Minnesota, as have most of the country, that it will be a pleasure to clean off the dust and welcome in spring. Can't wait to be able to open the windows for a refreshing spring breeze.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!