Monday, February 10, 2014

SMALL SCRAP QUILT LOVERS, REJOICE!

Blame the lack of blogging last week on kidney stones! One of the remaining three in my kidneys decided to make an appearance last Tuesday. For some reason, mine are always huge! This one was 3/8" wide, not as big as the previous one I blogged about a couple years ago but big enough to cause a bit of pain when it actually came out. Ouch! Now that it's passed, I can move on to more important matters—like sharing news about my latest quilt book editing project! Many of you quilters may already be familiar with Tara Lynn Darr's first book on small scrap quilting, Simply Charming. Well, guess what?! She's back with a fresh collection of little scrappy quilts to help you whittle down your fabric stashes! Here's a peek at the book cover.


Like the blocks in her previous book's projects, most of the ones featured in this follow-up title require only 5" charm squares. From simple quilts featuring only rectangles and squares to star-studded charmers, there is a project for every skill level in this scrappy medley of 15 small quilts reminiscent of days gone by. As a fellow small scrap quilt lover, I was overjoyed to get to work on this fun book with Tara, and it hard to believe our book-producing journey is nearly at an end. Small Treasures from Scraps will be out in April, and I'll be blogging more about it then. We're in the final stages of proofing the book this week. I can't wait to share more with you when I can. In the meantime, save a few of your scraps for these marvelous little quilts!

7 comments:

  1. I met Tara Lynn a few year ago in Paducah, and I love her patterns! I made a pink and brown quilt using one of her patterns. She is such a sweet gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more!!! Congrats on getting so close. I LOVE scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great book! I love scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo! This will certainly be added to my library as soon as it is available.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure wish those kidney stones would go away, but glad you are feeling better now. Can't wait to see Tara's book - I love all of her patterns and sure do miss the fabric part of her online shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Tara has another winner on her hands! So darn cute!
    So sorry to hear about your kidney stones. That has got to be the worst pain! Hope you are all recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, am drawn to scrap quilts. I made one this past Christmas for my soon-to-be son-in-law. I used up many fabrics that had been sitting idle on my shelf for quite some time. Love that part of it almost as much as the finished product itself!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!