Monday, December 16, 2013

TABITHA THE TREADLE

Back in 2011, I posted about Tabitha the treadle, a beautiful antique New Home treadle sewing machine I received as an anniversary gift. Well, Tabitha is back in the spotlight today on the Janome website. A couple months ago, Janome contacted me, asking if I would be willing to share Tabitha's photo and story on their blog as part of their spotlight on heritage sewing machines (Janome merged with New Home back in 1960). If you're interested in checking out the post, just click on this link.


Can you believe Christmas is nearly here? It seems like just yesterday it was so far away. With work deadlines piling up, I find myself far behind on the usual holiday activities like baking and Christmas card writing. I did take a little break from work this afternoon to make peanut clusters for my husband's work team. Those of you who are regular blog readers probably know that I prefer softer clusters that won't break your teeth. I'm also a bit odd in that I like fewer peanuts than normal in my clusters. Many years ago, I got a great recipe that makes soft, creamy clusters from a family friend. We've been making them ever since!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and also glad of your update knowing you took a little time for you. Happy Holidays. big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really name your machines too? I thought I was just a little 'odd.' Heehee.
    Tabitha is just beautiful.
    Smiles,
    JoeyLea

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you like to share your recipe?? KB adel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, I can share but I'll need your email address as your message came through as an anonymous non-reply comment blogger, which means that it doesn't come through with an email address, so I can't contact you. Email me directly by clicking the "Email Me" button under my profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The peanut clusters look wonderful. Would you send me the recipe as well. Thank you

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!