Monday, December 23, 2013

CHRISTMAS CHEER

I'm in need of a little Christmas cheer about now as I'm not feeling so merry. Our internet went down at 8 p.m. last night in the middle of a critical work deadline and we've been told it might be 24+ hours before we're back up and running. If you live in a small town like we do and have CenturyLink service, internet just isn't very reliable. I can't recommend CenturyLink for that reason. This is the fourth time in a year that our internet has been down for more than 15 hours and that's bad news for someone like me who relies on internet for business purposes. Luckily, we were able to set up my Mac elsewhere bright and early this morning so I could make my noon work deadline! And as I wait for the designer to get some layouts back to me for review, I thought I'd share a few festive holiday images from a wonderful local shop named Hinge, which was has been decked out in holiday finery since Thanksgiving. The owner has a knack for dazzling displays like these santas on a miniature spiral staircase.


I've got a weakness for lanterns, and this one looks so magical in silver. It seemed to have a Turkish flair. 


Doesn't this little glittered house cozy? I was tempted to get it but decided on a pink Santa instead. I am a pink kind of girl, after all. 


I hope your day is off to a better start than mine! If I'm unable to get back online before the holidays, I hope you and your family have a wonderful one!

6 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be to lose internet service at a critical time. I hope it returns quickly. Love the photos. The house would be very hard to resist. Maybe you can pick it up on sale after Christmas ;)
    Best wishes & merry Christmas to all at the Ashton House

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the internet issues; I have those same problems however don't rely on it for work so not as frustrating as you are. I love your pictures-love the shop HINGE. I have walked out of there not purchasing anything so far as I have to be able to know where I am putting the purchase and so far this as helped.

    Happy Holiday Kimber and I hope you take time for you. big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they were wrong and its working now! When we lived in OK I found a private internet service - worked perfect! Merry Christmas to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely decorations! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!