Saturday, October 19, 2013

FOR THE LOVE OF FALL

There's something about this time of year that brings out my nesting instincts, and I like to feather my nest with the cozy charm of handmade autumnal pretties like this woolly squirrel and pumpkin penny rug. They sit on a tiered table in my green dining room.


The penny rug's sunflower-adorned pumpkins bring a smile to my face every time I see them!


Thankfully, autumn's arrival hasn't put a stop to our fish dinners. On the menu a couple nights ago was this grilled halibut, which I prepared on my stovetop grill. It was ready in a snap! I must confess that halibut is my all-time favorite fish. 


Soon we'll be preparing soup and pot roasts to warm our tummies. I just found this lovely blue-and-white damask crockpot that matches my yellow and blue kitchen perfectly! It will come in handy for preparing those hearty soups as well as a crockpot salmon casserole recipe I like to make. 


I hope you are enjoying this beautiful season and that you have a wonderful weekend. This morning I'm off to give a program on the history of pincushions to my local Prairie Women's Sewing Circle. It promises to be a fun morning!

4 comments:

  1. What a darling squirrel and penny rug design! You didn't say if you made them but I'm assuming. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep you look like you are ready for fall! I love that squirrel, such a handsome guy. You'll have to fill us in on the history of pincushions, I for one would really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pumpkin penny rug. What a cute squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make the squirrel? He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!