Friday, October 25, 2013

AUTUMN BLISS

Brimming with autumn splendor, the October issue of Victoria magazine is on newsstands now. In it, you'll find an article written by me! Entitled "Shades of Serenity", it profiles the Portland Japanese Garden. I didn't know much about this magnificent garden until I researched it for the article. Its subtle yet striking landscape, which adeptly melds stone, water, and plants into a seamless whole, is a living tribute to the history and culture of Japan.


Always one to share the wealth, I'd love to gift a copy to one of my readers. If you'd like to be included in the drawing, please leave a comment telling me what you love most about autumn on this post by Sunday, October 27, at 6 p.m. central time. I'll draw a random name and announce the winner later that evening. You needn't be an official follower to enter but I would like to thank those who are for their support with an extra entry (For the extra entry, you just need to enter a separate comment telling me you're an official follower who shows up in the Google Followers sidebar on my blog. That way it can be counted when I draw the name on Random Generator).

Before I close, just a quick sidenote about Victoria magazine: For all you tea lovers, Victoria is producing a tea special interest publication, and I'm writing some of the copy! In fact, that's what I'm doing today. The publication features several themed teas—including a sewing tea accented with several vintage sewing notions—as well as delectable recipes to accompany your teas. You won't want to miss it. What a perfect fit for a tea-loving quilter like me! 

If you haven't checked out my previous post on a new vintage sewing machine purchase, will you please stop by to take a look? I received a couple informative emails from blog readers but I'm still hoping to hear from someone who might know more about my particular machine model. Information on it seems sparse. Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you!

16 comments:

  1. I would love to win a copy of the Victoria magazine, I usually pick it up at the library to read and there are always some nice articles in it. I will look forward to reading yours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am an official follower also..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I join in from England please??
    It's a real stormy night here - not my favourite part of Autumn!
    I love the colours and the apple harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those pumpkins on the cover! I love the rich colours of Autumn. Thanks for the chance to win a copy. We don't see Bliss Victoria here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a follower. I see you've just reached 500 followers. Congratulations Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite thing to do in Autumn is head to the mountains to see the fall color. We live in the deep south, so the trees don't change color. It is so beautiful to see the warm colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to go back and check your piece out, I have a big pile of Autumn magazines now! I enjoy your articles very much! I already have it so please don't add my name to your give-away (but I do like buttons - ha)...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The magazine sure has a great cover - thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cool crisp mornings and beautiful colors of the fall season.

    Thank you for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh, I love so much about Autumn but I have to say first & foremost, the colours! I love Primitive style quilting & needlework & the colours this time of year are perfect for this....see? not only in nature but fabrics too! Thanks for a chance at the give-away...love this magazine!
    Maureen
    mgw070 at shaw dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very happy to be a follower!
    Maureen
    mgw070 at shaw dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that your article is in the magazine! I'd love to be entered in the drawing. What do I love about autumn? Breathing the cool, crisp air, brilliant reds, oranges, golds and browns as the leaves turn and then fall, the crunch of leaves and acorns underfoot, smiling jack-o-lanterns, soup simmering on the stove, curling up in a blanket to read a book, the aroma of turkey roasting in the oven... One of my favorite seasons!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!