Wednesday, June 19, 2013

FLIGHT OF FANCY

A few months ago, Australian Homespun magazine contacted me about featuring my spool bird pincushions. Blogging buddy Christine of MacDonald's Patch in Australia was kind enough to write me that she saw them in the current issue. And then a few short days later, I received my copies! I noticed they had redesigned the magazine. I like the new look of it.


And here is the page they devoted to my spool birds. I was thinking the photo would be rather small, so I was delighted to see they'd made it a full page! And whoever wrote the copy did a nice job.


The issue is on newsstands now! If you're interested in purchasing the pattern for these feathered friends, email me. I list all my available patterns on the left-hand side of my blog. While I'm on the subject of patterns—I've gotten several inquiries about my Sitting Pretty chair pincushion and it is no longer available for free on the Riley Blake site. You can purchase it from quilt shops or on this blog.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! They look wonderful! I've never heard of that magazine. Can you find it here in the U.S.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being in the magazine Kimber. Glad you've got your copies so you could see the article for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Your little flock of pincushions flew to Australia! The photo is wonderful and the birds are so darling!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!