Thursday, June 6, 2013

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GRANDMA

In previous posts, I have shared photos of my grandma and her many Project Linus quilts. Well, she's celebrating a birthday this week and I can't wait to see her soon. I'm pleased to report that she shows no signs of slowing down. Not even surgery for carpal tunnel could keep her away from her quilting for very long. Shortly after the surgery, she managed to finish another 60 quilts! Here she is at her trusty sewing machine that she loves to use.


Last I saw her, her Project Linus quilts had taken over a spare bedroom. Several are ready to ship out in the large boxes that you see in the photo.



I was delighted to see that several of the African violet cuttings I'd given her awhile back were flourishing! She has a wonderful window to grow them in. They seem to love it there.


June is also a celebration month for my husband and I with our wedding anniversary. We got married in the beautiful old church that I attended while I was going to college. Whether or not June is a celebration month for you, I hope you are enjoying it! 

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet wonderful picture of your Grandma in action. Let's hope that longevity gene runs your way as well. Many happy returns to her today and happy anniversary to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely photo of your grandmother, Kimber. Happy Birthday to her and Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! What an amazing woman is your grandma - all those quilts she has made! and she looks as bright as a button too.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet your grandma looks. It sounds like you had a wonderful life with her....kind of like Nancy Lindemyer. I am re-reading her book, and what a handsome couple you two make! Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Grandma is just a cutie! Happy Birthday to her and a Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspiration-your grandmother smiling, doing what she loves. Happy birthday to her and happy anniversary to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing Grandma you have. You have obviously inherited the genes. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary accordingly. May you all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your Grandma and to you.
    I have also wedding anniversary in June
    the 5 (37 years !!).

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your inspirational grandmother and happy anniversary to you and your husband. Love the picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love the pictures of your grandma - a big happy birthday to her! I can't believe all of those quilts she has made - that's just amazing! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your grandma. She looks so sweet! (And very ambitious too!)Project Linus must love her. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! What a cute picture of you and Tom! And what a special grandma you have - I'm amazed at all of the quilts she has made. Happy Birthday to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy celebration month to both you and your husband, and also to your Grandmother. I always pictured you as older - maybe because I see so much talent displayed in your postings/blog. So young to have so much drive and talent! Congrats to all.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!