Sunday, May 19, 2013

TWO OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

After a few days out out of the office this past week/weekend, I'm getting back in the swing of things and catching up on a bit of work this afternoon, but I did manage to sneak in a couple hours of yard work, including getting the birdbath fountain cleaned out and ready to go for another year. Things don't yet look like they do in this photo from a previous year. The roses are looking great, though, and I bought a couple geraniums for my windowsill. I am not planning to buy much this year as I already have so many perennials. For annuals, I usually only buy geraniums, and I start my own zinnias.


There are few things I love more than roses with perhaps the exception of morel mushrooms. This has been a pretty good year for them, and my husband and his dad have enjoyed hunting them. Last week, they found several more pounds of them! I bagged them up in gallon plastic storage bags and refrigerated them to keep them as fresh as possible until we can eat them. So you can guess what we'll be having for dinner tonight! 

2 comments:

  1. Mmm...morel mushrooms are the best! Too bad you can only get them this time of year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks really pretty! Bird baths are great aren't they? I just love to watch the birds drink and splash around. They are so cute! Have a great evening! Gina

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!