Wednesday, May 1, 2013

THE CHARM OF COTTAGE STYLE

I was so excited to get my copies a couple weeks ago of the Victoria magazine special publication, Classic Cottages, that I wrote. The magazine is always brimming with beautiful photography and inspiration, and this issue is no exception. Just a note that this special interest publication is NOT included with a regular Victoria subscription.


I was fortunate to get to write the entire text for the magazine, and they kindly credited me on the masthead.


Doesn't this porch scene decorated with vintage and new quilts look inviting? You'll find lots of decorating ideas for outdoor as well as interior spaces in the magazine. It is on newsstands now!


I will be back soon with a post on my latest articles for Quilt Sampler magazine, another one of my favorite publications. In the meantime, I send Happy May Day wishes to you—compliments of my lilacs that will soon be in bloom. This is an earlier photo of them in my dining room. I like to display them in my vintage funeral baskets.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kimber,
    Happy May Day to you too! Your funeral basket arrangement is gorgeous! I can almost smell the lilacs! Congrats on your magazine! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you to have your name on the mast head. Your flowers look lovely in the funeral basket Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy May Day! WOW always great to see a friends name in a magazine. I love your lilacs, mine aren't blooming yet. Thanks for all your great updates. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very exciting! Classic Cottages looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful basket of flowers. Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I have three of those baskets... just need the lilacs! They look lovely! Will have to search the magazine stands for CLASSIC COTTAGES. Looks like my kind of magazine! Congrats on the credits on the masthead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always buy the Victoria magazine when I'm in the states .
    That porch looks so inviting and the lilacs adorable and guess they smell delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!