Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ROOM ABLOOM

Thank you to all those who left kind comments about my new designs in my previous post and ordered kits for my lily of the valley scissor keeper! The response to them was so much better than I could have hoped for. I sold out of my kits in the first week but should have more available in the next week or so for those of you who may still be interested in purchasing one. I don't have anything particularly interesting to write about today so I thought I'd post some photos of my blooming streps—such an ugly name for a pretty plant, don't you think? They are members of the African violet family but much easier to grow than their violet cousins.


To get a decent photo of them, I had to move them over to my washer since the backlighting was terrible where they were in front of the window. In the background, you can see a little green shelf decorated with vintage English and Dutch candy tins, miniature watering cans, and tiny baskets. They give me something pleasant to look at it when doing the laundry! Here's a close up view of the pink strep...


And here's a detail shot of the magenta one...


And last but not least—look what I found cuddled up to my quilted owl bag this morning! Yes, this is dear Poe who is on diet food. Have a good day, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. The flowers are so pretty, I don't think I have ever heard of them but will be looking for them now. I was in Mulhall's in Omaha the other day and they had a bunch of African Violets, miniatures and regular. I thought of you when I saw them. I should have bought one or two and enjoyed them until I killed them at least. Where do you find the streps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants looked to me like a version of primrose, but in the next photo I can see the blossoms are more trumpet shaped. They are lovely. Maybe I will try African violets when we move. Cute little Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful streps - am going to keep an eye our for those in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers - wish I had your green thumb. Such a pretty kitty - he's not fat, he's just fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Po and Teddy stay out of trouble. Leave those pretty flowers alone, boys!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!