Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SPRING GARDEN INSPIRATION

Here in central Iowa a freshly-fallen layer of snow belies the fact that spring will soon be here, but the green sprigs of crocus that recently appeared in my slumbering garden assure me that it is. And on that note, I wanted to share some spring-fresh inspiration with all you fellow gardening enthusiasts and Victoria magazine lovers. The March/April issue is now on newsstands and it's literally bursting with flowery inspiration for your garden and home. I was excited to write an article for this beautiful issue.


Even if you don't have space for a garden, you can exercise your green thumb with container plantings. For some pretty palettes, check out my article on them in the current issue.


Today, I'm happily writing the content for Cottage Style, one of Victoria magazine's special interest publications out on newsstands later this spring. Writing is like an adventure to me. It's just like what the beloved author Beatrix Potter once said, "There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you." Below is a picture of her from one of my favorite books. 


I'll be back again soon this week to share more photos of my trip to Kansas City. Until then, I hope this post will encourage you to start thinking about your garden, whether it's a single pot of herbs or a spacious landscape of flowering delights. 

3 comments:

  1. I love gardening too! I can't wait to see my 5th year Beatrix Potter Cottage Garden and how things will be - but spring is a ways off in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking for this magazine. I enjoy seeing what you are writing. Love the BP quote and photo! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Beatrix Potter and was surprised to see her photo in your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!