Sunday, March 10, 2013

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

The kindhearted gestures of friends have really brightened my past couple weeks. If you're a regular blog reader, you already know about my obsession with owls. Well, imagine my utter delight as I opened a package containing this sweet surprise from my friend and quilt designer extraordinaire Betsy Chutchian. Betsy told me that it's a vintage flour or sugar sack from her maternal grandmother's collection. Now how neat is that?! I've never seen one with owls on it!


Thank you so much, Betsy! I will treasure this. It's going to be hard to cut into this cute fabric but I just have to do something with it.


Betsy also sent me a signed copy of her new quilt book, Lizzie's Legacy! Lots of eye candy in this exciting follow-up to her much-loved Gone to Texas book. If you're an antique quilt and 1800s repro fabric lover like me, you won't want to miss this spectacular collection of quilt projects inspired by her great-great grandmother's journals of life on the Texas prairie. If you haven't seen it yet, go here for a sneak peek of this beautiful book or to order a copy!


More owl goodness recently came my way from my friend Cinda, who gave me this adorable owl plaque. Even more touching than the owl itself was the kind sentiment etched on it that said "You're the FRIEND everyone wishes they had". Cinda and I have been friends for 10 years now and because we both live in the same metropolitan area, we make it a point to do something at least once a month, if not more. Luckily, it's so easy to do that when you live in the same area!


A couple weeks ago, my friend Merry surprised me with this thoughtful gift of yoga goodies. I took up a yoga class earlier this year, and Merry, who has been taking yoga classes for awhile, thought these might come in handy. I didn't even realize there were such things as yoga socks but aren't they cute?! The book has been a very helpful resource in learning new positions. I find some are much easier than others! Thank you so much, Merry!


Even the hubby recently surprised me with a few little goodies! He knows I love to decorate my candlesticks with bobeches—charming candlestick collars—and he bought me these cheerful ones for my Easter tablescape with the help of a kind lady at the gift shop. They feel very springy to me, which helps remind me that spring is just around the corner!


Also in the bag was a delightful box of soap and a fun owl contact lens case...


There was even something good for me, too! Three of these pink dragon fruit-flavored Green Tea Leaf mints are the equivalent of 1 cup of tea antioxidants.


I guess they're proof that something pretty can also be practical!


NOTE TO SPAMMERS: Comments are moderated before they're published

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You hit a bonanza in the goodies department lately. I've seen a lot of feedsacks/prints over the years and I've never seen the owl print either, fantastic. Will definitely be looking for Betsy's newest book, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have received some lovely gifts. I love the little friendship owl plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimber, I love all the great gifts you have received. The owl plaque is adorable. Maybe when the weather gets better and your schedule permits we can plan a lunch date. I miss you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your goodies !!!! I have been teaching yoga for 10 yrs now ....the yoga toe socks are the best !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have had a huge blessing come your way. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would think you are having an "owling" good time!! Lots of nice goodies have come you way, everything looks very interesting..I will have to look for that book too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!