Monday, March 4, 2013

LOOKING FOR A FURRY FRIEND?

While getting food for our cats at our vet's office this weekend, we spotted the cutest black kitty up for adoption. His name is Freddie, and if we didn't already have two very spoiled black cats of our own, he would have gone home with us that day! Sadly, the receptionist told us that Freddie has been there for quite some time. I don't understand why. He is a very mellow and gentle kitty. As you can see from this photo, he loves his little green mouse toy. I spent half an hour with him and can attest he is an absolute sweetheart.


We were told that Freddie is only a year old and gets along well with other cats. He is also already neutered, so you wouldn't have to worry about that! If you are looking for a new furry friend to add to your family in the Des Moines, Iowa, area, please consider Freddie! To adopt him, call 515/987-1447. If you do adopt him, I would love to know he found a good home! 


Speaking of other furry—or should I say feathered—friends, most of you know by now that I love owls. Well, when I got home from my KC trip, I had a surprise package from my fellow blogging friend and Iowan, Sandy at Stitches and Etc. It was a cute little owl bookmark that she made! Thank you for such a sweet and thoughtful gift, Sandy! If you haven't visited her fun blog, be sure to stop by by clicking the link above.


Now on to something totally unrelated! If you follow my blog, you know I love searching for old treasures, and in many of my posts about antiques shows I've gone to, I've shown antique multi-compartment pieces that would be great for stashing fabric and other items. Well, my friend Linda, happens to have a nice one but she is moving to Omaha and doesn't want to take it with her. So she asked me if I wanted to buy it for a really reasonable cost. Linda always gives me a good deal because we are friends. So how could I pass it up? Here is a photo of the vintage piece. Linda told me it came from an old post office. It is more than 5 feet tall, and I cannot wait to start stuffing it with fabric! Thank you, Linda, for thinking of me before you called that quilt shop to see if they wanted it! 


I'll be back soon this week to show you some pics from my recent KC trip to shoot photos for the next quilt book that I am editing. In just another week, there will be another shoot for another book! Never a dull day here!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...I sure hope Freddie finds a good home soon. Are you sure you don't need just one more?! Love your new storage piece - I want to see it full of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black cats! Hope Freddie finds a home soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!