Thursday, February 14, 2013

VALENTINE GREETINGS FROM ASHTON HOUSE

Valentine's Day is always a special day at Ashton House because it's also my mom and mom-in-law's birthdays and I'll be thinking of them today.


Yesterday afternoon, I realized I still needed to get a card and little box of chocolates for my hubby, so I ran out to get that. He usually surprises me with something special on Valentine's Day. This morning I was greeted with these goodies wrapped up by him. I wonder what could be inside? The card contained a little poem he wrote for me about how I love houseplants and hot baths. There was even a little stanza on how I love to eat eggs for breakfast or any time of day! I thought that was pretty sweet of him.


Do you have a favorite romantic song you like to hear on Valentine's Day? For me, it's "Lollipops and Roses" by Jack Jones...



...and Andy William's "Moon River" from Breakfast at Tiffany's. One of our dear friends gave us a music box that plays this song for our wedding and we like to play it on Valentine's Day and our anniversary. I guess we're just romantics at heart!


Wishing you a lovely Valentine's Day and many more to come!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful - Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what a tease! I was looking forward to seeing what was in those packages!! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!