Wednesday, February 27, 2013

KANSAS CITY, HERE I COME

Just a quick note to stay hello to all you fellow friends in blogland. Thankfully, Tuesday's winter storm here in central Iowa didn't stop me from getting to Kansas City this  Wed. morning for the photo shoot for my next quilt book editing project. The authors are writing their first book with us and we're shooting all the featured projects for it on Thursday at a local historical home. I'm so excited to see all their quilts in person! As we get closer to the release date, I will share more details about it. I already miss my cats, Teddy and Poe, but know they're in good hands with our friend Shawn who is staying with them at our house. While out and about, I stopped at some antiques shops and hope to post some scenes from those when I get back very soon. Hope all of you are having a good week!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it to KC safely. Enjoy yourself and take plenty of pictures to share, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Missouri and all our snow! You are 2 hours or so away from me. I'll be looking forward to seeing which antique shops you stopped at. Have fun and safe travels back to Iowa! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great fun - look forward to the pics. Have a nice trip!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safely! Have a great trip - hope you find some treasures while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have time, KC has a wonderful toy and miniature museum: http://www.toyandminiaturemuseum.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, Yes, it is a wonderful museum! I was there several years ago when they had a special display of the Mary Ghourmley doll quilts! I thought about going again but this is an extra fast trip as I have to be back home in time for a meeting this week, so I don't think I'll have time.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your trip and I love your new Owl designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your job sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!