Thursday, October 11, 2012

COLORFUL CAULIFLOWER

While shopping at the local grocery store for some cauliflower to make my cauliflower couscous recipe, my husband and I spotted the most colorful heads we've ever seen. We were so excited to see that the grocery store has started carrying these more unusual varieties. I have seen them in my seed catalogs and always wanted to grow them myself but never got around to it. I especially love the chartreuse one. They also had a cheddar yellow one but I figured two was quite plenty for my cauliflower couscous! Thought I might mix the two of them into my recipe for an extra colorful concoction!


You'll have to pardon me for getting so excited about produce, but we don't see a lot of different varieties here in the Des Moines area. I hope grocers will continue to get more. The employee we spoke with last night said these were organic and grow naturally this way. They have a different texture than the usual cauliflower but taste the same. Hope my guests won't mind eating purple and chartreuse cauliflower! I don't think they will mind since I've served them purple fingerling potatoes in the past.

6 comments:

  1. Those will make any dish look more delicious! I don't think I"ve ever seen them here in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great recipe and I'm sure will look beautiful ! Hugs Mary A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to chat with you about your dolls but i cant seem to work the email button . can you please email me at karthur912@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love pretty veggies! I'm surprised you can't find more variety in Des Moines - you should see ours (or the lack of). I'm sure your guests will love your colorful dish.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!