Monday, September 24, 2012

WINTER QUILTING INSPIRATION FROM PRIMITIVE QUILTS AND PROJECTS COMING SOON

Thanks to all of you who took the time to send me such sweet comments about my new Sitting Pretty pincushion design mentioned in my previous post. Jeanette, Diane, and Sondra—if you're reading this, you can find the tutorial by clicking the Riley Blake button on the left-hand side of my blog. I tried to reply to your emails directly but wasn't able to because you are non-reply bloggers, which means that your emails do not come through with a return email address.


And to Marie Pierre, who also inquired about the pattern...
Bonjour!
Je suis vraiment désolée, mais je ne parle pas français. Pourriez-vous écrire en anglais, s'il vous plaît? Si non, ça va, mais je dois partager vos mots avec quelques amis qui m'aideront.
Amicalement,
Kim 

Now on to some quilt-related news. I didn't have a chance to blog last week as we were wrapping up production of the winter issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine, which features 16 new designs. That's Jan Goos' wool quilt, Diamond in the Rough, on our cover. With winter quickly approaching, this is the perfect time to make a wool quilt!  


Or how about a little quilt dressed in prim snowmen and plaid Snowball blocks to get you in the mood for winter? Actually, it's not going to take much to get me in the mood for colder temps this year with this past summer's withering heat!


Wouldn't you love to snuggle up to this cozy wool pillow decked out in a festive array of ornaments and embellishments?


Watch for the latest issue in your mailbox and newsstands in early to mid October. Well, better get back to work! I'm working on an article on the history of tea boxes this week in addition to helping my parents-in-law move into their new digs in Ankeny. Can't believe I actually get to write on my favorite subject—history—for a living! I love my job.

7 comments:

  1. I have my Plantars container saved! Looks like a good issue coming our way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your job too - you are so good at it! Can't wait for Primitives...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how to care for wool quilts? I've always wanted to make one, but wasn't sure how to wash it once it was done....knowing me, I would wash it and it would change to a doll quilt! LOL! Any information you have would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like a great job. I love the wool felt cushion. I haven't seen a copy of that magazine as we don't have it here in Australia. It looks quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Studying and writing about history...who wouldn't love it? New issue looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know how to care for wool quilts? I've always wanted to make one, but wasn't sure how to wash it once it was done....knowing me, I would wash it and it would change to a doll quilt! LOL! Any information you have would be appreciated!
    _________________________
    Kitchen Wall Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. yo quisiera hacer ese sillón tan hermoso para las agujas. usted comenta que haciendo click en un botón izquierdo de su blog se puede aceder a él. pero yo no lo encuentro, me podría ayudar? mi correo es lopez375@gmail.com. saludos desde colombia.....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!