Friday, September 14, 2012

SITTING PRETTY

PATTERN AVAILABLE FOR $10 BY EMAILING ME AT THE EMAIL BUTTON UNDER MY PROFILE PIC ON THE TOP RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF MY BLOG.

Happy Friday, everyone! In a previous post here, I hinted of a project I was working on. Well, I am delighted to debut my newest pincushion design today. It's called "Sitting Pretty"—a flirty and feminine boudoir chair. Can you just imagine a larger version sitting in a ladies dressing room? That was my inspiration! The featured fabric is Carina Gardner's cheerful Songbird by Riley Blake Designs.


My little chair harbors a hidden bonus—it doubles as a handy sewing box for stashing needles, thread, and other sewing accessories. Simply remove the seat cushion to stash or retrieve your supplies!


Because I'm also a big fan of the pink/gray/beige color combo, I had to make a pincushion in Lori Holt's Daisy Cottage fabrics. This one was actually my prototype. Of course, you can customize the chair to suit your style with any type of fabric. In fact, I'm making one with reproduction 1800s prints right now.


I chose the same fabric for the interior that is on the seat cushion, then stashed my embroidery scissors, perle cotton, and needles inside. How handy is that?!


Because I want to spread the pincushion love, I'm sharing the instructions to make my whimsical design on the Riley Blake Designs website. To visit them, click on their button in the left-hand side of my blog. Feel free to make them for yourself and give as gifts but you may not sell the pattern or the finished pincushions. I hope to have finished pincushions for sale here at some point. I have a couple more designs coming out in magazines in the coming year, so come back for more pincushion inspiration!

19 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Is that a recycled container? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! How big is it, looks small but it has a lot of room inside for some treasures. Very Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just TOO adorable!! I'm hoping over to RB to take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darned sweet! I headed over to see the instructions now! These would make charming gifts for the girls in my sewing group at xmas! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling! I love that you thought to make a little storage spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may need to have a few of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I have some vintage chair cushions - love your modern take on the vintage concept.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too stinking cute!! I have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to make one of these asap1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pincushion! I'm having a giveaway of some Lori Holt Daisy Cottage fabric and saw your pincushion on Lori's blog. I am a new follower of your lovely blog! So happy to find you!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Absolutely love this pin cushion - but where can I get the pattern from??? Can you please let me know where to find/buy from.
    Thanks - Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. where can I get this pattern asap please????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, the pattern is available for $10 plus shipping by emailing me at tkhook@msn.com. I need you to physically email me here because when you leave a comment, no email is associated with it, so I have no way to reach you. Thanks for your interest in my pattern.

      Delete
  13. Oh thank you so much what a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!