Thursday, August 23, 2012

FABRIC THERAPY

After my physical therapy session this morning, I decided to get a little dose of fabric therapy by stopping by one of the local quilt shops here, where I found more pretty fabric to add to my stash. These fabrics are from the Daisy Cottage collection by Riley Blake Designs. Jacque, the shop owner, plans to eventually carry about 100 bolts of Riley Blake fabrics, and these just came in. Doesn't she fold them up prettily? Over the coming months, shop visitors will find lots of new inventory as Jacque shifts her shop's focus to small quilts and projects with a goal of offering 100 kits—many for $30 and under. Talk about a great value in these tough times. Jacque told me today that's she's already up to 40 kits!


This afternoon, I'll continue my fabric therapy by working on some pincushion designs that are in various stages of completion. I've been having fun playing with Phyllis Meiring's yummy wool. You might recognize her name as the designer of In the Patch Designs. I took this photo of some of her wools when they came in earlier this year--now they're all cut up into smaller pieces as I work them into my projects!


Phyllis' seasonal market bags made of jute are filled to the brim with nine pieces of herringbone wool. This particular one was designed for spring. She also made a summer version this year. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW I love all your fabrics and wool stash. I'm glad you did some fabric therapy after physical therapy. I can't wait to see your finished projects. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!