Monday, July 2, 2012

VINTAGE DOLL BED AND DRESSER

Today, I took a rare day off to meet my longtime friend Anne, who was in town visiting from Alabama. We'd been planning this visit for the past few months, so I was very excited to finally get to see her. We met 14 years ago as magazine editors at Meredith Corporation, publisher of Better Homes and Gardens. What a fun day we had lunching together, then shopping a bit. On my way home, I stopped by one of my favorite antiques shops and found this little vintage doll dresser. It's a wonderful companion to my vintage green doll bed featured in an earlier post. In that post, I'd promised to eventually show the bed with its quilt (which was made by a friend as a gift to me). At the time, my cat Teddy had commandeered it as his sleeping post, so I wasn't able to show the quilt! See that post here.


The large quilt behind the bed and dresser is antique. Several years ago, a quilt historian dated it to the late 1800s. Like many of my own personal antique quilts, I have reproduced the pattern. 

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love both pieces. What a lucky find -- the dresser goes so well with the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little quilt! Are the blocks 4 inches? Would like to see the whole piece. Actually I would like to see your whole house someday! Have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The furniture is so precious, likewise the tiny bear. I had a large one when I was little that looked just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I set mine up under the tree at Christmas:) but it is a bit more primitive than your beautiful little set.
    As always, love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling dresser. The antique quilt has my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The people-sized quilt is gorgeous - as are the fabrics used for it. The doll dresser and bed are exquisite. I never happen upon finds like these, sadly. Just wonderful (and the doll bed quilt too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know I am totally envious of the bed and the dresser...and the little quilt, too...oh, and the big quilt on the wall too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable little doll bed and dresser!
    I'm green with envy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!