Friday, July 6, 2012

SURGERY DAY

Today my thoughts are with my cat, Poe, as he undergoes surgery to remove a cyst. This delightful furry fellow found us 13 years ago while we were going to a flea market. His owner had already found homes for all his siblings and was about to take him to the pound. When I picked him up, he gently touched my face with his paw. It was at that moment that I decided we had to give him a home. That and the fact that I remember feeling sorry for him when his owner told us about how he would hang out at the junkyard all day foraging for food! Poor thing! Despite being an outdoor cat, Poe took to the indoors like a fish to water. He's been a great companion ever since. I can't wait to go get him and bring him back home!


14 comments:

  1. Sending lots of good wishes & love to you & Poe.
    Hope he is safely back home with you ASAP!
    Hugs to you both! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the surgery is successful and your little furry one is back to normal quickly. We all love our fur babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep Poe in my prayers... Limo sends a big doggie hugs to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poe looks just like the cat we once had, Danger. A real sweetie! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats are such nice compagnions, i'll keep my fingers crossed hoping everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pets are such a comfort for us....hope things turn out well for all of you and he's back at home quickly!
    maddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best animals are the ones that pick you! Hope he makes it through the surgery OK. Update us on him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing Poe the best and a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery & good result for dear Poe. My Edgar Poe sends extra special wishes :) I am so happy you both found each other. My cats all never looked back on stray life outside and are all indoor-only cats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling cat, he looks just like my Jack. I hope you have Poe back safe and sound very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best for little Poe!!! I hope you have him back safe and in your arms for a cuddle very soon, I hope his surgery is successful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs to you and Poe - I hope the surgery went well. Give him a good petting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Poe is doing better today. Hope mom is better as we all worry.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!