Saturday, July 14, 2012

COMING TO TDIPT TONIGHT

UPDATE: THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL RESPONSE TO MY TDIPT OFFERINGS. BOTH ITEMS HAVE BEEN SOLD BUT I'M TAKING A SMALL NUMBER OF ORDERS. FOR MORE DETAILS, SEE MY TDIPT PAGE THROUGH THE LINK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY BLOG.
Hello! Just a quick note to share a couple of my designs coming to tonight's web update of the online group of primitive artisans that I belong to. First is another one of my handcrafted ribbon racks made with vintage wooden spools and filled with approximately 12 yards of vintage lace trims and one new velvet ribbon.


My other offering is one of my spool scissor holder designs—called "Les Muguets" (French for "Lily of the Valley" and part of my "Belles Fleurs" scissor keeper series). It does NOT include the scissors, just the actual holder. As a wool lover, I'm always looking for fun ways to use wool. The wooden spool is wrapped in hand-dyed wool embellished with a lily of the valley design inspired by my maternal grandma. These delightful bell-shaped bloomers were her favorite flower and when mine bloom in the spring, I always think of her. Oh, the sweet fragrance of memory! 
UPDATE: These spool designs are coming soon to a quilt magazine near you!

I hope you will stop by TDIPT (click the link on the left-hand sidebar of my blog) and check out my listings as well as those of the other talented artisans. I have belonged to this group for the past five years and it's been a wonderful outlet for my creativity. 

3 comments:

  1. How very unique these sewing tools are . Just off to check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your covered spool. How cute are those scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimber, you are so creative and such an inspiration. I love both of these projects, the spool scissor holder is adorable. Hugs, Mary A.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!