Tuesday, June 26, 2012


Writing the Day Away

Greetings, everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. It promises to be a busy one here at Ashton House with another big magazine project starting up. I'm switching gears from editing to writing today. Over the next several weeks, I will be writing the majority of the content for Victoria magazine's special holiday publication. I truly love working with the staff as they always give me fun articles to write and are so appreciative of what I do. I've been a faithful reader of Victoria since high school. The photography is so beautiful that I have actually kept all the issues they've ever published. I especially love their annual blue-and-white issue.


With the hectic schedule, there are only a few moments to sneak in some quilting. For some reason, I'm in a Log Cabin mood right now. Here is a photo of my small Log Cabin quilt (about 30 inches wide) with 4-inch finished blocks. The fabrics are all from an early Windham Fabrics 1800s reproduction line. In retrospect, I probably should have paper-pieced them but I'm okay with the way it turned out. The quilt now hangs in my upstairs hallway with many other quilts. It's like having my own private gallery since no one else sees them up there!


Until next time!
Kim

9 comments:

  1. Love your quilt, and also the way you displayed it on the easel. I am always looking for new ways to show little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Victoria magazine too. Wish I had kept the first issue's had to leave some behind when we moved. Someday hope to have a design featured somewhere on one of those pages! Have fun writing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting it is to be writing for Victoria magazine. It has always been my favorite. I also have a thing for log cabin quilts.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a reader/subscriber of Victoria magazine since I saw my first issue sometime in the early 90's. My favorite issues are the blue and white and the Christmas issues. I look at the photography and say that is the way I would like to dress and live, if only. Have saved many issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Victoria magazine as well! So beautifully photographed......every issue is like art! And that is a totally sweet little wall hanging.....I LOVE mini log cabins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little log cabin quilt! And what a great display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound busy, which is a good thing. Love your log cabin quilt. A great addition to the gallery..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your log cabin quilt is fantastic! Congratulations on your Victoria magazine gig! I love that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the Victoria piece! Love your log cabin quilt too! (PS if you ever run out of wall space, my walls could use a few of your quilts!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!