Friday, April 6, 2012

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE HAIR SALON

Two posts in one day! This is a first for me. While on my way home from getting my hair done, I spotted a housecleaning sale and thought I'd take a look. As I walked up the driveway, I was greeted by a family of bears on wooden chairs and benches.


On the other side of the driveway were tables, stools, and a cute wooden ladder that would make a wonderful display for little quilts. It would have tempted me were I not lucky enough to have one of my own made by husband several years ago. 


Among the items were several pieces like this hutch and mantel that were handcrafted by the homeowner.


Here's another furry fellow on a chair. As you can see, the homeowner loved her bears.


They also had lots of crafts supplies that primitive artisans might find of use. There were lots of wooden crafty items, frames, ribbon, boxes, etc. The sale runs through tomorrow, so you might want to check it out if anything in these photos looks of interest to you and you're in the Des Moines area. For privacy purposes, I am not listing the address here because a lot spammers pick up personal info from blogs. If you're interested, email me privately at the email button on the right side of my blog and I'll gladly send you the address.


Oh, I almost forgot to show you my loot from the sale—all purchased for a grand total of $6. It includes an oval papier mache box filled with a generous layer of buttons, a jar filled with earthy-tone brown and green-gray buttons, three brass candlesticks which I plan to paint and repurpose into my strawberry make-dos, four wooden oval frames for displaying button collages, a repro tin for the pantry, and a bag of bottlebrush trees that I plan to strip and dye pink. As you can see, I have an intended purpose for each and every one of these!


If you haven't checked out my earlier post from today (below), stop by to see a fun fabric find from yesterday. I love to see what fabrics are inspiring fellow bloggers, so thought I'd share one of mine today. Happy Friday, everyone—again!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful array of items for sale, gorgeous bears and lots of lovely chairs too, love that quilt ladder - still on my list to get one of these days! Love your loot, great price too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be the luckiest woman around when it comes to your "finds." You truly make me laugh. I am in awe of your powers Kimber. I have never seen such a clean, organized, primitive yard sale. It is all so wonderful. I know you will put your button stash to good use.

    Smiles - Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimber I love everything in your blog, I will send you an email for the address. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just never know what you may stumble across on the way home from the salon! Looks like you found some good treasures, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!