Tuesday, March 20, 2012

INSPIRATION FOR SMALL QUILT LOVERS

This morning I was doing some editing work at Meredith Corporation (home of magazines such as American Patchwork and Quilting and Better Homes and Gardens) and picked up this special quilting publication called All Small. It's packed with 20 favorite small projects from the editors of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


As a quilter, I love the small stuff. After all, doll quilts are my favorite projects to make. So naturally my eye was drawn to this classic little table topper by Quilts Remembered. It features reproduction fabrics from Windham Fabrics' Alexandra collection.


There are lots of other charming projects, including wall hangings, baby quilts, a needle keeper, and a fabric banner. I can think of all sorts of uses for these sweet little treat bags. If you haven't seen the magazine yet, be sure to check it out on your local newsstand.


When I got home from Meredith Corp., I noticed a nice package from Aurifil on my doorstep! Inside of it was more of their beautiful Lana wool thread, which I will soon put to good use on a project that has been in the works for awhile now. To read more about this dreamy thread, go here. Once you use it, you won't be able to stop!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see a magazine dedicated to small quilts and those of us who love them. I will look for it next time out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a magazine worth checking out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it at B&N today, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on this magazine... it certainly interests me a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great magazine. I really want to try the Aurifil wool threads. I am going to pop on over and read about them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!