Sunday, March 18, 2012

ALL THINGS OWL

I am one of the many quilters who are crazy about owls. I spent part of National Quilting Day yesterday sorting some of my fabric and didn't realize how many owl prints were in my stash. I hate to sound like I'm not selective; I really am. I don't just buy every owl print out there. They do have to speak to me. These little guys say playful and whimsical.


Dressed in watermelon and lime hues, these flirty owls would make the cutest curtains for my sewing room.


This print is also a good candidate for window treatments, or perhaps a ribboned pinboard? The possibilities are really endless.


I have this fabric in three different colorways I liked it so much!


You might have seen this owl print in an earlier post.


I love owls so much that even my husband will surprise me with something owl-related once in awhile, like this adorable Valentine's Day pop-up card. 


For whatever reason, owls make me smile, and that's a good enough reason to add another owl print to my stash! 

10 comments:

  1. What a great collection! I like owls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that owls could be so cute and have so many different expressions. Love the first fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a collection. I had no idea there was so much owl fabric out there! Now I'll probably notice it everywhere. I'm like you, only with cat fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Limber, every time I see pink, green or owls I think of you. Thanks for sharing your collection. Hugs Mary a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops sorry Kimber about misspelling your name above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl fabric is darling! Your garden arbor is so inviting! My book went to print end of February, so anytime now. ~Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of OWLS. I love them too! I've just completed some cross stitch owls and wanted to make them into a cushion. But I had to have some Owl backing fabric and have just brought some. Similar to your first one but without the caps and glasses on.

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the owl fashion show! I was just contemplating a pinboard with owl fabric for my home office. Unfortunately, I don't have a stash of owl fabric on hand - I'll just have to start hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kimber,
    Cute owl prints! Thanks for giving us all a peek into your collection. I would never have guessed you could find so many.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your owl fabics sound like me and my teapot/teacup fabrics -- except that I'm quite sure I am *not* half as discriminating as you, and I will flat buy anything with a teaware on it! But your owl prints are lovely, and I can't help thinking an owl lover must be full of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!