Friday, February 3, 2012

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME TODAY

Isn't the phenomenon of Pinterest amazing?! Although I have been using Pinterest for more than a year, I only recently started my own pinboards at the encouragement of a fellow blogging friend. Now I seem to be addicted! It's become my own personal inspiration board for decorating, quilting, baking, gardening, and crafting—although I'm old-fashioned and still keep a notebook filled with all of my favorite ideas. I originally started my binders to cut back on my ever-growing magazine stash. Now with more than 20 notebooks, I might have to start cutting back on them, too!

These are some of the items I have either found on the internet or uploaded from my own files to my pinboards. Usually I pin when I see something I love on the internet while it's fresh in my mind or I have a photo I took that I want to keep handy for future reference. I enjoy writing the little snippets that go with them as you will see in the examples below. My pins run the gamut from beautiful rolling pins (I found two pins just like these in a magazine prop sale 8 years ago)...


...to cute pincushions (this little guy reminds me of my hippo stuffed animal collection when I was a youngster)...


....to dream kitchens. I am in love with apron-front sinks. When my husband and I remodeled our Victorian kitchen six years ago, that was the big thing on my wish list. At the time, I was working as an editor with Kitchen and Bath Ideas magazine, so I had lots of inspiration from which to draw. This hammered metal finish has a weathered look that I really love. Mine is just a plain white apron-front sink. If only this one had been in the budget!


...to decorating (Pink and green seem to be a common theme)...


...to homes with storybook charm that look like they'd be fun to move right into...


....even my favorite ballerinas made famous by legendary choreographer George Balanchine...


I never thought I would jump on the Pinterest bandwagon but here I am. There's so much inspiration out there! What's your favorite thing to pin on Pinterest?

12 comments:

  1. I just got off of Pinterest! It's addicting that is for sure but a great way to be all the more inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also fallen under the spell of Pinterest, and use it for inspiration.
    So far, I have pinned more quilts than I will ever have time to sew.

    I was struck dumb by your photo of Maria Tallchief! She was my childhood idol, and the only "star" I ever wrote a fan letter to! I saw her dance with the Balanchine in L.A. while I was growing up, and never recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilts, of course! There are soooo many things to see out there - it's fun just to browse and get inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been pinning lots of garden shed ideas because that will be my next big project besides, or along with painting the house. Also fairy gardens, I am infatuated with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I follow you on pintrest? I have a button for following me on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not alone,,I have been bit the pinterest bug really bad,,from sewing to painting furniture,,but I am at my happiest when creating,,so lets all go and pin,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently discovered it too, after getting some blog hits from there, and was astounded. I'm still waiting impatiently for my invite, but I've been drooling over the recipes in the meantime. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinning is my new addiction too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pin too and just after I do someone seems to repin what I've just pinned ! Haven't worked out yet how they know! Don't think they are followers!

    Love having tutorials I like in one easy place!
    Have fun Kimber!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I am going to go see what Pinterest is all about. I am intrigued. Do you have a follow me on Pinterest?...I love what you have shown and would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of it, have to study into it. Richard from my Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinterest, Love it! wonderful way to pass time and gather inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!