Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TEA AND GARDENS IN VICTORIA MAGAZINE

As a magazine writer, one of my favorite subjects to write about is gardens. Recently, I had the opportunity to write about a spectacular garden in Ireland for Victoria magazine's March/April issue on newsstands soon. If you catch the issue, it's the article entitled "A Verdant Irish Treasure" about Edith, Lady Londonderry's flamboyant garden rooms at Mount Stewart off the sea inlet of Stangford Lough.


If you're a tea lover, you don't want to miss Victoria's special publication called Teatime Bliss—truly a visual delight for those obsessed with tea like me!

5 comments:

  1. oh Kimber think I went to Mount Stewart when I was little and on holiday in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am looking forward to my copy coming. Still hoping I will be featured in there some day. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in the Cotswolds for three years and loved nothing better then finding a new tearoom to visit! I'll have to look for this magazine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that article last night. Gardens are
    amazing. I thought it was very interesting that a Lady would be out gardening but then when I read that she put the returning soldiers to work I got that picture right out of my head. She must have been thrilled to have such a lovely climate for her gardens to thrive! Another great story for us to enjoy. Maybe someday they will let you go and see some of these places in person and I can carry your luggage....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how delightful! I'll have to go look for those at the bookstore! Someday I hope to visit Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!