Sunday, January 1, 2012

SPRING-FRESH INSPIRATION FROM PRIMITIVE QUILTS AND PROJECTS MAGAZINE

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm glad that 2011 is now behind us with its many challenges, including the poor economy. I know many friends and family are still struggling during these difficult times and I hope 2012 will be a brighter year for all. And speaking of a brighter year, here's some good news for all you fellow quilters who love primitive-style projects. As editor of Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine, I bring glad tidings of the spring issue, coming soon to your mailbox or a newsstand near you! Here's the inviting cover with Cheri Payne's pieced basket quilt.


We've packed this issue with dazzling tabletop quilts, delightful bunny designs, scrappy quilts and much more to jump-start your creativity this spring. You'll find projects by some of your favorite designers—Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue Quilts, Maggie Bonanomi, Lisa Bongean, Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm, Jan Goos of Goos Nest, Lynda Hall, Dawn Heese, Heather Lynn, Janice Minear, Jo Ann Mullaly, Gloria Parsons of Olde Green Cupboard, Marcie Patch, Cheri Payne, Renée Plains, and Tonya Robey. This issue also includes a bonus project from Renée—a quick and easy vintage-style pin cube inspired by her collection of these charming sewing notions. If you don't already subscribe, I hope you'll check us out! You can find the magazine in several quilt shops as well as Barnes and Noble.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like another great issue! I can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are so involved with this publication. I simply adore this magazine.

    Looking forward to receiving my copy as I would never want to miss one issue with all of these fabulous designers.

    Thanks for sharing Kimber.

    Valerie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another wonderful issue! I have thoroughly enjoyed the previous three, I can't wait to sit down with it in a comfy chair and a good cup of tea!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad I subscribed to this magazine. I was lucky enough to win one of Cheri's monthly give-aways so I can't wait to see her quilt project for the magazine.
    Smiles, DianeM
    basketblessed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for mine to arrive! I love this magazine so much that I wonder why I even have quilt books!

    Love Cheri Payne's projects in every one! It's gonna be great and this one looks fantastic.

    Have a wonderful New Year!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to receiving my new issue of Primative Quilts and Projects with it's fresh spring ideas. Happy New Year, may it bring many quilts into your life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thrilled to see the preview of the next issue. This is almost cruel not to receive it for another few more weeks after hearing all about the good stuff inside. Hurry, hurry!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the new issue - LOVE this magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found this magazine on line, wow, can't wait to have it in my hands. The only thing, since I am coming to the game late..... is there any way you can reissue the first year of magazines..... that would be wonderful..... thanks teri

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!