Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PUBLISHED IN PRIMS MAGAZINE

I hope you are all having a good week. After a little blogging break, I'm back with a bit of exciting news. I was so ecstatic to receive my copy of Prims magazine, a beautiful publication for primitive doll artisans.


I'm always anxious to see the latest issue of Prims but this one was particularly special to me because my very own handcrafted doll Minerva is featured in its pages along with many of my fellow TDIPT artisans! Here is Minerva's page. Like all my dolls, she is made entirely by hand. I handsculpted her with papier mache, handpainted her face, then made her dress with 1800s reproduction fabric. Her shawl is vintage lace gathered with a vintage brown pearl button.


I also made and styled Minerva's auburn wool tresses. Here she is before she left for her journey to the magazine headquarters.


Speaking of magazines, have you seen the current issue of American Patchwork and Quilting? Kim Diehl has a glorious quilt on the cover. Last year, I found some of her new fabric line pictured here on my way home from last fall's Quilt Expo in Madison, Wisconsin.


I also enjoyed the neat article on French General fabric designer and store owner Kaari Meng. I'm a big fan of FG fabrics and have a lot of them in my stash. APQ captured some wonderful pics of the French General store. Would love to visit there in person!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having Minerva published! She's very beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minerva is just gorgeous. Congratulations on Minerva being featured in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you,and what a lovely quiting magazine, I've just purchased The Civil War Sewing Circle. Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your Minerva is absolutely lovely. She truly deserves her own magazine article. Do you always work in paper mache? It seems like it would be difficult. Thanks for the preview of AP&Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to look for a copy of the APQ mag today...cannot get enough of Kim Diehl. Congratulations on Minerva's feature presentation...she is beautiful and well crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimber your doll is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented!! Gardening to doll making, love the little sweet dolly. Thanks for sharing pictures of the French General store, I would love to go and see all their buttons and lace. It seems to take magazines a very long time to get to Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dolls are lovely. Congratulations on once again being published.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I am just floored by how beautifl Minerva is and that you made her all my hand. Your talent is amazing! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Minerva is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on having her featured! And thanks for the review of AP&Q, which I will be sure to get since I love French General as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice! You have many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, good - something to look forward to - getting my AP&Q in the mail. Congrats on Minerva!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Prims magazine....I can hardy wait to get my copy. I am so happy for you...love seeing your pin cushion in print too!!! SO FUN!! ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh didn't realise you made the dolls as well as dressing them. You are very patient then Kimber!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Minerva is beautiful. Love the tendril falling over her shoulder. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Minerva is exquisite. I so love her sweet face and beautiful clothing. Congratulations on her magazine appearance!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!