Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A HOOT OF A COOKIE JAR

It looks like the new year is off to a good start here. It's been a productive day of editing a quilt book and I finished two magazine articles earlier this week. I'm feeling good about my deadlines, which is always a good thing! As I was busy typing away on my computer, I heard a knock on the door. It was the UPS man delivering my owl cookie canisters! I love seeing the UPS man because it means it's going to be a good mail day! Who but an owl lover like me could get so excited over these silly things?


I chose these two because their colors complemented my kitchen's buttercream yellow and soft gray blue hues. They also have a lot of character. I thought they were the cutest things I'd seen. But they look hungry, don't they? Guess I'd better start making some cookies to fill their tummies!


10 comments:

  1. Oh goodness ! I really love those. I especially love the one on the left as I'm looking at the photo because my mother that one in a solid brown color! Very cool.

    I love the UPS man too and as I sit and type this I can hear him leaving my driveway now! LOL Oh he's brought me something good. I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are a hoot! Adorable. Do you have an owl cookie cutter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, leave it to you to find these adorable owls to match your kitchen. Excellent job! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love owls. These are the best!! The UPS guy is the best too! LOL
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those owl cookie canisters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute owls! That's almost as good as a squishy package in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read your article in Victoria! It was great, read the whole magazine cover to cover. I would love to have a pincushion in there, I wonder if they ever do that sort of thing. My friend CeCe at the Threadgatherer had her business card in there many many years ago. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookies and owls? Good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, wonderful to meet new friends. Hope you find a spare minute to visit and follow me sometime if you like. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.
    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!