Wednesday, December 14, 2011

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS

As many of you regular blog readers already know, I write for Victoria magazine. I recently had the chance to write an article on the historical Chatillon-DeMenil house in St. Louis, and it is in the soon-to-be-released January/February issue! Here's a sneak peek of the beautiful cover dressed in winter whites. Doesn't that cake look divine?


There's an interesting sidenote to this story. Years ago, I actually visited this house (We have several relatives in Missouri, including St. Louis). Who would guess that a decade later I'd be writing an article about it for my favorite magazine?! Life certainly works in mysterious ways.


Here is a sneak peek at the first spread of the 6-page article. Quilt lovers, notice that gorgeous crazy quilt on the bed? Alas, there weren't any details on it to write about. Hope you will check out this gorgeous issue once it arrives on newsstands! As I write this post, I'm at work on another feature story for Victoria and hope to share more details on it after the first of the year.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Cannot wait to read the article and see that cake up close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I used to buy the magazine Victoria, from my local Borders store, but unfortunately it closed down, and havent been able to find it anywhere else, I loved it.
    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend. I love that house. Several years in a row I decorated it for Christmas. A friend of mine is on the board. I helped with the original restoration. I can't wait to see the magazine.I wish you could do an article about, My Old Historic House.PLease, please!! Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to read Victoria Magazine faithfully. I still love looking back at all my issues periodically. I will have to check out your article. I use to live around the St. Louis area of Missouri many years ago. I enjoy driving through St. Louis on the way to my brothers in southern Missouri. Shopping is always so fun in St.Louis. I can't wait to move back some day.
    And that cake looks devine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks like an amazing house! And the cake looks yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'll have to get the issue. Then I can visit the house the first time I go to St. Louis to visit my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful! Don't you just love your job!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning house! That cake looks delicious..love how the icing is done on the sides of the cake, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!