Monday, December 26, 2011

CHRISTMAS WITH THE PETS

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas. I'm enjoying spending some time with my family. Yesterday, my sister came with her sweet dog, Albert, and a new puppy that she had just picked up the prior day. Her name is Tillie (short for Matilda). There she is on the left. My sister lost her other dog, Khloe, earlier this year, and Albert has been missing his companion ever since. So my sister thought he might enjoy having a new friend.


Tillie was remarkably spry for just having had been spayed a couple days earlier, but after fully exploring mom and dad's house, she got a little worn out.


Albert is a beautiful, bighearted Bernese Mountain dog. This picture doesn't really show how large he is. He is one of the nicest dogs I've ever met. Anyone who meets him seems to fall in love with him. 


My mom and dad have three cats. One of them is this mischievous little black boy named Felix. He couldn't resist inspecting one of mom's opened gift boxes. 


Can you tell that we are an animal-loving family? I grew up with dogs and cats. Although my lifestyle doesn't gear itself well to having a dog, I'm always very tempted to get one when I see cute ones like these! I'll be back tomorrow to share some gifts the hubby gave me. 

4 comments:

  1. So cute. We have 3 small poodles and they LOVED their stockings. I LOVED seeing your 2 dogs and one of your furbaby kitty in the box.SOOOO cute!!
    That put a SMILE on my face.
    Blessings,
    Tricia XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do with out them. Sissy and I were at friends for New Years and Christmas day. She did wonderful. Then to my sisters where there were tons of kids, they all patted her and she was a lady. We just have to love them. New projects coming soon. Richard and Sissy Dog from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burmese mountain dogs are one of my favorite breeds. He looks very pleased with his new companion. I just know your hubby did a great job in the gigging department. Cannot wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Kimber. What a joy to see the happy poochies! They are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!