Friday, November 4, 2011

A WINTRY MIX OF CREATIVE INSPIRATION

Have you seen the new issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine yet? I am so thrilled to be a part of this inspiring publication. I was fortunate to get to edit the winter edition! If you didn't see it in my earlier blog post, here's the cover that the publishers picked for this inspiration-packed issue.


As usual, you'll find projects from your favorite primitive designers—Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue Quilts, Maggie Bonanomi, Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm, Rita Briner of Quilter's Station, Nancy Conn, Lynne Hagmeier, Lynda Hall, Dawn Heese, Heather Lynn, Jo Ann Mullaly, Gloria Parsons of Olde Green Cupboard Designs, Jan Patek, Cheri Payne, Renée Plains, and Tonya Robey of Mad Hen Primitives. So if you're looking for a new winter-themed project or gift idea for a fellow sewing friend, you definitely don't want to miss this issue. This sweet wool snowman design from Jo Ann Mullaly is sure to warm up your winter surroundings.


If you're looking for a quick and easy gift idea, check out Gloria Parsons' nifty tabletop project that uses a pre-made table runner.


As I write this post, we're already busy at work on the spring issue. We'd love to hear your feedback on the magazine. I welcome your comments, suggestions, questions, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Feel free to leave a comment or email me at the email button underneath my profile pic in my blog's right-hand sidebar. 

7 comments:

  1. As I saw your name in this issue, I got all excited about you! And I just got my kit for a lovely Christmas quilt by Paula Barnes and started making the blocks since last night. How fortunate for us to have such great publication done by all the talented people like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find a copy of this one. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous looking book

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite magazines! I look forward to each issue. Wish I had time to make more of the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the magazine. I'm still waiting to get mine, but from the pictures I've seen, there isn't a Christmas version of the quilt that Lisa started in the fall issue (with the interchangeable quilt attached. I was expecting another one in this issue, I'm glad that I didn't make it yet. Do you know what's going on with that. I really want to make the table runner you showed. There are so many cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my all-time favorite magazine - I love every project in each issue so far! The only comment I have is that I wish there were more than 4 issues per year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this post the other day but didn't comment because I'd never heard of this magazine. Well, we have a new quilt shop in town, I visited it today, and guess what's for sale at the front counter? Yippee! Primitives aren't even my style at all, but I loved the nice, clean layout of the magazine, and the patterns are so good I realized I can easily make them using my own fabrics. I also am getting interested in hooked rugs (the new quilt store sells those supplies as well), so I will definitely be buying this magazine again. I was impressed!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!