Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A VERY WOOLLY HOLIDAY

It's been a very quilty kind of day here—not making quilts but editing a quilt book and a quilt magazine. Over the lunch break, I managed to carve out a little creative time to make some more button-embellished ornaments for my feather tree. Check out my previous post to see some other ornaments I made. A day spent with wool is always a treat for a wool-lover like me! I took advantage of my wool stash to make these fuzzy flower ornaments.


I used the i-top button/brad maker to make my wool-covered buttons. It works beautifully with the wool. To find out how you can win one of these nifty tools, check out my previous post. This ornament is made with a beautiful shade of midnight blue wool and a bright pink wool-covered button! I must warn you that making these little embellishments could be addictive!

7 comments:

  1. Thats so not right! I was wondering if that would work with wool and it is so CUTE! If you saw the project I am working on, you will see that I need to win!!
    P.S. I love that ornament that is in the picture, very sweet, looks like a wood carving....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them and love the feather tree. I have several I use at the shop and, My Old Historic House. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methinks I need to find a supplier over here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice ornaments! Great way to spend your break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wool ornaments! Makes me want to go craft something!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!