Monday, November 14, 2011

FRIENDS, FOOD, AND FELLOWSHIP

Every month, I get together with my quilting circle of friends. Our get-togethers are held in our homes, and today was my turn to host. I started preparing for the gathering early this morning in the kitchen. This photo doesn't show it very well but our cabinets are buttercream yellow, which we chose to complement the home's sunny yellow exterior when we remodeled it shortly after we moved into Ashton House.


I finally got a chance to try out the egg souffle recipe that I got at the bed-and-breakfast in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, earlier this year. I love eggs and don't mind eating them any time of day!


I served the ladies their choice of tea, apple cider, or chai latte with my handy Keurig.


I didn't have time to make anything special for dessert but some miniature muffins and these chocolate-covered biscuits and wafers that I picked up over the weekend seemed to please.


After having a bite to eat, we retreated to the parlor, where I gave a demo of my AccuQuilt fabric cutter. The ladies seemed to be quite intrigued by this time-saving tool! These green velvet pieces were cut using the Fall Medley die.


I have been a member of this group for seven years and what I enjoy most is just getting together and catching up with everyone. They are a very encouraging group of ladies and I seem to come away from each meeting feeling refreshed and energized to start another project. One year, we decided to do a block exchange, using fabrics that each of us selected for our own quilts. Of course, I chose pink and brown reproduction fabrics. The ladies made me these blocks, which I've been working into a quilt.

12 comments:

  1. I love your house! Your egg souffle looks like it turned out great, and I bet it tasted even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Great way to spend the day. Don't you just love the Keurig...a fresh cuppa each time. And what a great collection of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun - there is nothing better than getting together with quilting friends. Your pink and brown blocks are wonderful - can't go wrong with pink and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty kitchen! Your quilt will be a great treasure when its all done. We have the same taste I see, great choice of cookies.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen sink! And those pinks and browns in your quilt blocks are right up my alley. In fact, I have a handful of them from an unfinished (of course!) BOM quilt I started. May need to think about pulling that back out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely quilt over on the Maida Today Share Your Quilt post. :-)

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to be able to share your pastimes - eggs look yummy. Those quilt blocks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kitchen! So fitting for your home.
    Thanks for letting us join the party!
    It a treasure to have a group like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That casserole looks yummy! And it's always nice when the ladies come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your brunch looks so good. Best Thanksgiving Wishes from My Blog to Yours. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Lovely! I love the color of your cabinets - I think it is very close to mine. My daughter has been wanting a Keurig coffee maker - they're just too cool! I have enjoyed my visit today, I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!