Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PIXIE PIES

During the first week of October, I was watching the Martha Stewart show and saw an interesting segment on pie jars with Seattle baker Dani Cone. She was making the cutest little apple-cheddar-rosemary pies and peach pies in jars. The idea immediately resonated with me because I had already pre-ordered her brand new book (below) from Amazon back in September, PLUS I was the lucky recipient of my friend Merry's scrumptious homemade mini pies in a jar earlier this spring. You can see Merry's adorable pies and read some of her helpful tips on making them at this link.


At the end of the segment with Martha, Dani showed a fun idea for making pie pops, or pies on a lollipop stick.


I'm not as talented as Dani, so I decided I could use all the help I could get with pie-pop making. I bought this pie pops maker, which just happened to come in one of my favorite shades of pink! It came with a few accessories and a recipe book.


This handy little gadget is supposed to make six little pie pops at once in a matter of minutes. I say "supposed to" because I have not yet tried it out! If you have actually used this product, I'd be interested to hear any any tips you might have. Feel free to email me privately or leave a comment. This weekend I'll be testing out my pie pops maker. Wish me luck! 


While I was on the pie-pop making kick, I decided to buy the cake pops maker, too. The manufacturer also carries other cute electric bakers including a whoopie pie maker, a cupcake maker, and a mini donut maker. I purchased both of mine for $25 each, which I thought was a fairly reasonable price.

7 comments:

  1. Ooo, how fun! Thanks for sharing the website. My DD makes cake pops all the time, but she makes them the origianl way which is to mix the cooked cake with frosting & then shape the balls (which I don't like the texture of)- I think this way may be more the way I would like cake pops to be - a bite of cake. Besides, the most fun is in decorating them :) The pie pop maker looks like a winner too - and great prices!
    Smiles, DianeM
    basketblessed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the same show and I have them on my list to make and serve for Thanksgiving. We are having it at my friends hunting lodge and it is very rustic. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of pie-pops so I shall be interested to see how you get on! I'm intrigued by pies in a jar too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pies in a jar...how clever! May have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have to keep us posted on these! I had no idea there were pie/cake pop makers on the market. If you need someone to help with the taste test, let me know...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's something I would have never thought of! How fun. You'll have to let us know how it turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pie pops? I had not heard of these but I love the very idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!