Monday, October 31, 2011

MY HALLOWEEN TREE

I hope you are having a Happy All Hallow's Eve. It is a quiet evening here with my husband and the cats. Our town's Beggar's Night was Saturday night and we got lots of little spooks and goblins. Every October, I bring out my bewitching black feather tree with not-so-spooky ornaments and display it in the foyer.


Before I put it away for another year, I just wanted to share some photos of it with you...


It took several years to accumulate enough Halloween decorations for my tree, which is 3 feet tall, and this year I didn't buy anything for it. 


Of course, there are lots of black cat ornaments, which remind me of my own dear feline friends, Teddy and Poe. 


It's hard to believe another Halloween is at an end. Before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving—my favorite holiday. 

11 comments:

  1. It's GREAT!
    What a pity we don't have Halloween in The Netherlands,...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your tree pictures - it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tree is so adorable! Now on to the pumpkin pie...my favorite dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little tree and I love all of your ornaments! Can you believe it is November already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree! Of course I have an affinity for little black cats. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is sweet, but I couldn't take my eye off the lace in that curtain...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love feather trees. I have a pink one I use for Easter. This Halloween one you have is the cutest. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable tree and such a fun time of the year to put it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How charming! This is MY kind of Halloween decor--pretty and vintage looking!

    (BTW, yes, I'll be happy to wrap in plastic. Thanks so much, and I'm sure you can understand how delighted I am to be through with all writing deadlines for two whole months. Truly something to be thankful for, ha!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!