Saturday, October 8, 2011

ARRIVING SOON: THE WINTER ISSUE OF PRIMITIVE QUILTS AND PROJECTS MAGAZINE

I was so thrilled to have the opportunity to edit the winter issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects, which is now arriving in your mailboxes and at newsstands. It is packed with great gift ideas, just in time for the busy holiday season. Whether you love quilts, bags, or pincushions, you'll find the perfect project. As usual, there's also something for you rug hookers, cross stitchers, and bear-makers. You'll find an adorable santa bear, a cross-stitched sewing pocket, and a heartwarming hooked rug.


You might notice a few changes with this issue. Our trusted pattern testers, who have the all-important job of verifying the accuracy of the instructions, are now assigning each project a level of difficulty to help you choose one that's right for your skill level. True to the magazine's prim nature, we've chosen a crow as our creative icon for this new feature. One crow represents a project that would be great for a beginning quilter, two for those with an intermediate skill level, and three for advanced quilters.


You'll also notice we added some blurbs to the cover. We realize you die-hard fans might pick up a copy anyway, but for those new potential customers scanning the newsstand, such blurbs are helpful in making a choice about whether to buy the magazine at a glance. Whether you're a regular reader or not, I hope you'll check out the latest issue. You definitely don't want to miss it!

8 comments:

  1. That cover quilt is gorgeous in those colors! I am working on one right now for a wedding gift in her colors of purples and maroons....but I think I might have to make another for me in the primitive colors! I'm loving making the flying geese now....her's has 480 of them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Kimber - not sure if this is available in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this magazine so much and knew that I would when the girls began promoting it. I cannot wait to get my next issue in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best magazine - can't wait to get the new issue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt on the cover! I need to hop out and pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy~ Congrats again! It looks like a beautiful publication. When it comes to quilting, I would definitely be at the "one crow~beginner level"! :) The other projects sound fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea those crows! I agree, it's a great magazine. I only discovered it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,I found your comment from visitng my cooking blog, thanks for stopping by and I hope you find the recipe tasty! The publication looks wonderful! I will be searching for this! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!