Tuesday, August 16, 2011

PRETTY IN PINK AND GREEN

What colors spark creative inspiration for you? When I need to recharge my creative batteries, I turn to my favorite color scheme of pink and green. After seeing the famous vibrant green dining room in Mount Vernon 10 years ago, I was inspired to paint my own dining room walls a shade of green. A couple summers ago, I purchased some pink and green chintz fabric and some matching decorative trim from Calico Corners when it was on sale. My mom and mom-in-law came and helped me sew curtains for the three windows in my dining room.


To dress up the curtains, I found this reproduction Victorian pink glass hardware for a cheap price. 


Earlier this year, I spotted the same fabric in one of my favorite magazines. The designer had used it to reupholster chair seats. I love the color of the chairs as well. I have some of the fabric left over and may just have to reupholster a chair seat or two in it. 


Now when I walk into my dining room each morning, I can't help but feel a bit uplifted. For a violet lover like me, the room wouldn't be complete without a little living pink color, too. This miniature pink-flowering beauty is a welcome sight. Whether you decorate with just a splash of it or devote an entire room to it, I hope you've found a way to invite your favorite color into your everyday world.


And although this photo doesn't have any pink, here's some green decorating inspiration. When I worked at Kitchen and Bath Ideas magazine, we featured this gorgeous kitchen. The green shelves were my favorite feature!


I also love the pale upper green shelves in this pretty kitchen featured on the BHG website. 

6 comments:

  1. Pink and green is my favorite combination, too. thanks your sharing your pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric for your curtains/drapes. I believe your should live with what you like, looks like are doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimber great way to use up the fabric and enjoy your dining room even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly pretty in pink and green! I love your decor style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are on the same color wave, I just posted about the color pink as well. Drop by for a read. Thanks for sharing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your curtains sure do create a beautiful restful feel, it is a very pretty print!!
    Love your precious pieces of coloured glass and lamp, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!