Friday, August 19, 2011

NEW QUILT BOOK COMING SOON TO A QUILT SHOP NEAR YOU

Over the past several months, I've been working on a fun editing project with the wonderfully creative and talented designer behind Liberty Star patterns, Renée Plains. And now I can finally share a few details with you! As those of you who are familiar with Renée's work already now, she designs everything from quilts and bags to pincushions and dolls. I was fortunate to get to work with Renée as her editor on her first book with Kansas City Star, A Bird in Hand. And now she's back with a new one inspired by the enduring charm of one-room schoolhouses. Hot off the press, this is the cover!


Renée's books are always packed with inspiring projects. This one features a whopping 19 projects that honor the legacy of humble classrooms of the past. Five classic quilt patterns will please patchwork and applique lovers alike, while stitchery fans will enjoy the trio of samplers that echo a simpler time (My blogging friend Cheryl of So Many Quilts, So Little Time made one of the quilts!). Renée even included a hooked chair pad and a cross stitch sampler. You'll also find a delightful array of sewing accessories, including an apple pinkeep, a schoolgirl's sewing kit, and a wool needle book. You're going to love them! 


We shot a good share of the photography on location in a restored 1875 one-room schoolhouse in the Kansas City area that Renée found through a friend of hers. It was the perfect setting for the quilts. I snapped this fun photo of Renée at the teacher's desk and the above photo of one of her endearing quilts on the day of the shoot. Doesn't she look like she'd be a sweet teacher?


I'll be back in a future post to share more details about this delightful book as well as a couple more photos I took at the location shoot. The book should be arriving in quilt shops next month! 

11 comments:

  1. Looks very cute Kimber! I just love the schoolhouse block - which reminds me I have a few more to do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray...looking forward to my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! Renee is such a sweetie. Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like another winner!! Lucky you who gets to edit and see them before everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a must have book for me, as my Grandfather taught in a one room school house in Ohio......I have an antique childs desk in my dining room, I love it and drape different quilts across it as the seasons come along.
    Thanks
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous book! Can't wait to see more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good..............you also must have a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like another must-have book Kimber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another must have! My list continues to grow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!