Friday, June 10, 2011

PINCUSHION-MAKING AMID PAIN

Sorry for being a bad blogger this week but I have a good excuse, and this little stone is to blame. I found out earlier this week I had a kidney stone. Thankfully it passed early this morning. It's hard to believe something so small can cause such extreme pain. As those who've had kidney stones can attest, even one the size of a grain of sand can create severe cramps once it leaves the kidney. Unfortunately, this is the third time I've gotten them. I plan to get this one analyzed by the doctors to determine what caused it so I can hopefully reduce my chances of getting another one!


Between bouts of pain, I was able to finish one of my Aunt Tilly's Tuffet pincushion orders. I thought I'd work on something simple like these because I really wasn't able to concentrate on work very well and was afraid I might write something nonsensical while on the Percocet pain reliever! These pincushions are named after my Great Aunt Tilly because her vintage pincushion was the inspiration for them. They're based on the basic tuffet design but paired with a fun little strawberry filled with emery.


I've been working on this particular order for the past couple months and have enjoyed pairing various colors to create different looks. Thanks to my sizable wool stash, I didn't even have to purchase any new material. 

12 comments:

  1. Very cute pincushions! How many are you making? Glad you are feeling better after that rotten kidney stone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful grouping!!
    Thanks for sharing your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such color - love it! The strawberries are precious.
    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Hope you are now feeling better! Love the little tuffets! The strawberries are the perfect icing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you have been in such pain! Hope the doctors get the cause for the stone all figured out. Your pincushions are LOVELY!!! So many gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy and have a great weekend. Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, sorry you had kidney stones. I went through that last fall and had to have surgery to remove them. I wouldn't wish them on anyone! I'm a full time water drinker now! Glad yours passed, but OMG!, 3 times?!!! I hope it's your LAST time. Love the pin cushions too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pincushions, and love you're house too, sorru about you're illness hope you are feeling better now. Nice he to life in an old huse I adore it... we living in a very small bur lovely house from 1760

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so proud of you, I am afraid I could not do that many. They are wonderful. Glad you got such a big order. Now, I will take 1000,please! JUST KIDDING> Thanks for sharing. Richard at My Old Historic Hoouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pincushions. Absolutely love them! Your blog is so great I'll come back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I have had such a month that I've have not been following along like I usually do. Sorry to hear that you had to endure a kidney stone along with the nasty pain that one tiny stone can cause. Good to know that it is over with. You poor thing. :-)

    As for your mountain of wool pincushions....WOW....one fantastic assortment. Great colors....great pictures.

    Take care and see you on the Mercantile.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!